KnowKaduna Writing Challenge
…Write to Win
WHAT IS THE KNOWKADUNA WRITING CHALLENGE?
Kaduna state is one of significant importance since its creation with a historical, cultural, political and economic relevance dating back to as early as 1500BC with the Nok terraculture, the legend of Queen Amina, significant sway in political outcome and the topmost ranked state for ease of doing business in the country respectively.
KnowKaduna is a blog covering happenings in Kaduna. It is launching the KnowKaduna Writing Challenge to encourage informative, critical, satirical and educational media articles in an attempt to increase awareness on the role of Kaduna and the importance of building a cohesive community in Kaduna State.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The Challenge is open to all Nigerians and welcomes submissions even from organisations who may be interested.
- Five finalist will receive the ‘KnowKaduna Writing Challenge’ medal
- A scholarship on any course of your choice at ihifix Digital Academy
- A token of N50,000 will be given to three (3) finalist towards books or any expenditure of choice (this can be redeemed in cash if preferred by the winner)
All submissions should be 400 – 600 words and in a PDF format. Original writeups are encouraged and if this has been previously published, do note that it will be disqualified.
Submissions could be on the following subject matter:
- Business, Politics, Trade, Sports, Education, Learning, Art, Technology, AfroFuturism, Development, Lifestyle, History or Governance.
- The file name of your submission should be your full name
All articles should be submitted by 30th November 2022.
- Entries may be submitted online as a PDF using this form
- All submitted articles must be original and be relevant to Kaduna.
- All submissions should be 400 – 600 words
- All submitted publications must contain the name of the author, which must correspond to the details on the submission. Authors using pseudonyms must demonstrate ownership of the pseudonym referenced.
- All authors are allowed to submit as many entries as possible. However, each submission must be for a unique article.
- Any quotations or copyrighted material used in the article must be identified properly. Failure to identify non-original material will result in disqualification.
- Article must be written in English.
- The decision on winners is final, and no appeals will be recognized.
The entry submission must be the entrant’s own original work and not defame nor breach any copyright or contain anything that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate. Any material that is deemed unsuitable will be removed from the judging process and disqualified. Entrants should keep a copy as no entries will be returned.
KnowKaduna acknowledges that the ownership of any intellectual property rights in the entry remains with the entrants, but that by applying, each entrant grants Know Kaduna the non-exclusive right to use or reproduce, free of charge, their entry or part thereof for the purpose of the competition, including publicizing the competition in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world, fulfilling the prize and any associated competition publicity/coverage on any Know Kaduna, its subsidiaries or its selected third parties.