- This event has passed.
KD Century Film Festival is this Month
October 27, 2017 - October 29, 2017
KDCentury Film Festival is organised by Ilmihouse as a commemoration of nearly 100 years of film in Nigeria. The first of its kind in Kaduna, it is set to showcase the talent of the film professionals in Nigeria and for the first time in a film festival there is a special category of short shorts and captioned stills to showcase the budding young talent in the region.
It will bring worthy filmmakers to local and wider attention, and provide a forum for appreciative and informed discussion of their work.
KDCenturyFF is especially interested in films by emerging filmmakers whose work is original with strength of form.
- All submitted films should be no more than 5 years old by October 2017 excluding Documentaries.
- A short shorts film is regarded as 100 seconds or under, a short film is 40 minutes or under, and a feature filmas 40 minutes or over.
- Video Quality should be a minimum of 360p and a maximum of 480p.
- Films that are available to purchase are not eligible. This includes DVD/Blu-ray/VHS formats.
- Promotional films are not eligible (e.g. films promoting tourism, people, appeals, etc.).
- Different genres and lengths of film have different premiere requirements
- Films are to be submitted in their original version. Films in languages other than English and Hausa must be subtitled into English.
- All media submitted for selection screenings will not be returned unless by specific request and paid for by the applicants themselves.
Time Lines – Deadline
There are two submissions deadlines:
Standard Friday 29th September 2017
Late Friday 13th October 2017
Date for the event is 27th – 29th October
Register for the KD Century Film Festival to find out more information.